Master Data Management
Master Data Management (MDM) provides your entire business with
a single, clean and consistent view of your Master Data (relating
to key entities such as customers, products or employees) and
eliminates the common problems that can occur from managing this
data across multiple sources.
For example, how many different systems in your business contain
customer names, addresses and contacts? Do all of these systems use
the same customer data? Can you get a single view of all your
customers? These are just some of the challenges that SQL Server
Master Data Services (MDS) can help you with.
We were responsible for one of the first Master Data Services
implementations in the UK, with a solution for EMI that provides a
control mechanism for managing data hierarchies, attributes and
member level security. We know Master Data Services inside out - we
have even written a book about it.
Here is a summary of what MDS can do for you:
Address Master data challenges:
- No single, trusted source of the truth
- No dimension maintenance capability
- Maintenance of dimensions in the hands of IT, not the
- Conflicting views of product, customer, location etc.
- Lack of data quality, e.g. duplicate customers
- Reliance on spread sheets or inflexible off-the-shelf systems
for Master Data maintenance
- Multiple stakeholders for the same record
- No versioning or audit trail for Master Data
- Inability to enforce data stewardship processes
- Inconsistencies cost - mistakes, incorrect reports etc.
Align to a single authoritative source:
- Master data hub
- Master data platform
Integrate information with people and systems
- Stewardship portal
- Stewardship process
Manage reference data related to:
- People: customers, vendors, sales people, employees, partners,
- Things: products, organisational units, recipes, parts, storage
- Places: stores, wells, power lines, geo areas, warehouses
- Abstract: contracts, warranties, time, metrics, securities
We deliver Master Data Management Solutions in isolation or as
part of a broader Data Warehousing initiative.
If you would like to contact us to find out more about Data
Warehousing and Business Intelligence
Solutions please call +44 (0)1252 267777.